Saturday 24 September 2011

Lost in Translation

After placing an order with a Chinese Wholesaler things started well and then went rapidly downhill. A bit like the reign of Puyi, 'The Last Chinese Emperor'. Below are the e mails that transpired after items from my order were out of stock and I wasn't refunded. At least they were very nice with the way they said hello to me in each e mail:


'We try to find you many times , No have in stock this item no Bicycle Phoenix Playing Cards


Please need change to other item or we give you refund for this item .

We appreciate your cooperation and look forward to doing business with you.
Please contact Customer Support if you need any assistance in the future

Thank you , best regards , kingmagic'

Best regards David, a store owner'


'Hi David,


If you need to get in contact with me an e mail will be fine.


If you could refund the Phoenix Playing Cards I would be grateful and send the rest of the order that would be great.


Regards,

Stuart Millward
Owner
House of Magic UK
Tel No: 01384 373 209
80 Brook Street
Stourbridge
West Midlands
DY8 3XB'


5 Days later I send this:

'Hi there,

I have replied to this e mail but have not heard back from yourselves.

I asked for you to refund the items (Bicycle Phoenix Cards) as you are out of stock with them. To date however I have not received the refund or had any e mail regarding my order from the 5th September.

Could you tell me the progress on my refund and order please? Thank you.

Regards,

Stuart Millward
Owner
House of Magic UK
Tel No: 01384 373 209
80 Brook Street
Stourbridge
West Midlands
DY8 3XB'


'Hello Dear ,

you don't get refund dor the cards ?

ok we check and send to you sir .

Thank you , kingmagic.'



11 Days later I receive my order minus missing items but no refund:

'Hi there,

I have received my order thank you. I also received an e mail with a new invoice that has deducted the Phoenix Playing Cards I ordered.

My new invoice total is £123.63

However you have still not refunded me the amount and have taken £161.72 from my Paypal account.

I am therefore owed £38.09 as you were out of stock on the Phoenix Playing Cards.

I am willing to wait until the end of the week for my refund. At the weeks conclusion however I am afraid I will have to put forward a refund of £38.09 through Paypal to your company.

Regards,

Stuart Millward
Owner
House of Magic UK
Tel No: 01384 373 209
80 Brook Street
Stourbridge
West Midlands
DY8 3XB'

I wait several more days then dispute my payment with Paypal, then I get a reply:



'Hi Dear,
why you open dispute on paypal ?
please contact us soon .'


I reply with:

'I have e mailed your company several times with no response, here are the e mails:'
(I then include all the above e mails)

Their reply is:

'Hello Dear
Please check your email
We already send you Gift Certificate. $57
If you are not Interested we will send you a refund.'


My reply:
'You did not send me a gift certificate. That is the first time your company has mentioned one to me.

I am not interested in your gift certificate. Simply send me a £38.09 through Paypal and I will of course cease and remove my claim.

Regards,

Stuart Millward
Owner

Their reply was:


'Hello Dear ,

we have in my account GBP -£155.21 GBP
so we can't refund for the cards , we send you last week gift certificate for $57 .

but if you don't Interested we will send you a refund
We do not consider GBP money.
If you can close and we'll send you back.


Thank you , kingmagic'



At this point I give up. We'll let Paypal sort it out. I personally think we should let Paypal sort out all disputes. They'd have Palestinians and Israeli's dancing hand in hand in the streets in no time.

No comments:

Post a Comment